• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

CUCV's and glowplugs

Acesneights1

Reaction score
For the record my M1008 has 12v glows. How do I know this ?? I put a volt meter on it. Simple right ? Obviuosly not for the morons who worked on it before I bought it. Someone put 24v ones in and you would thing the different connectors would have been a give away but they actually made 8 little round term to spade adapters to hook them up. No wonder it would not start cold.. Duhhhh. Starts right up now. The best part is a municaplaity owned it. where the F did they find 24v glows to begin with...

yeesh. no wonder it wouldn't start is right. The glows were only getting 1/2 of what they needed. What'd you install in place of the 24 volt glows?

as of right now don't need it. With the 24v starter it starts better than any diesel I have ever seen. Literally half a crank cold. I was in disbelief of the improvement.

as of right now don't need it. With the 24v starter it starts better than any diesel I have ever seen. Literally half a crank cold. I was in disbelief of the improvement.

Sounds like my blazer with the GR starter and the massive battery cables as long as i give it a little pedal in the morning. Glad to hear the CUCV is working the way it should.

Back