• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

CUCV to the rescue....

Just cut for myself. I can barely keep up with that. I burn 6-7 cords a year. I think I am short this year but I have been working two jobs so I didn't get as much cut as I wanted.

varies around here but I'd have to say average is about 180$/cord for seasoned delivered. Some guys want 200. some guys will sell for 140 picked up. Green goes for about 140/ delivered. I would never pay for it. For the amount I burn unless Heating Oil goes back up to 4$/gal(which with the moron in the white house it might) 6 chords at 175$/ cord aint saving me much money. My stove does pretty much heat the entire house. We went from 1300 Gallons of heating oil a year to 300 and I'm in the heating oil business. Of course the pinko scumbag attorney general who has nothing better to do wants a statewide ban on wood burning. Good luck on that. This is farm country. I'd like to burn him in my stove.

well the CUCV is also good for repostitioning Oil Tanks...The straps were apparently loose on one of my trucks and the tank slid forward into the cab. Fortunatly no damage and the piping held(could have had 3000 gallons in the street). So I pumped the truck off and used the winch to pull the tank back into place and retightened. When the tank came back as far as it would go the CUCV actually dragged the oil truck(granted snow is on the driveway). The two trucks are both almost identical so I threw in a pic of what it was supposed to look like from the other truck. The ladder was against the cab

Attachments

• DSCF0020.jpg
    DSCF0020.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 4
  • DSCF0021.jpg
    DSCF0021.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 3
  • DSCF0022.jpg
    DSCF0022.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 3
  • DSCF0023.jpg
    DSCF0023.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 3
  • DSCF0024.jpg
    DSCF0024.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 5
  • DSCF0025.jpg
    DSCF0025.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 4
  • DSCF0026.jpg
    DSCF0026.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 4
That sounds awful close to a disaster! I work on Chevron's product tankers (ships not trucks), and if we had a close call like that the Sh** would hit the proverbial fan HARD. :cuss::mad5::aargh4:

Back