• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Crossover and Down Pipe

Schwind

split loyalties
Reaction score
I’m looking to change my down pipe and cross over from the originals to the flow master set that sells on summit. The set that they sell states that it is for the 1995 to 1998. My truck is a 1994 and I don’t know if there is a real difference from the 94 to 95. Can anyone tell me if this set will work on my truck. They don’t sell a set for the 94 just individual pieces and they cost more of course. Has anyone had any problem with the flow master set up.

I won't say for absolute sure that it will fit a 94 but can't see why it wouldn't. If your engine has a turbo(which obviuosly it does) it should be the same. I bought two kits, one for my 95 and one for my 2000. Point being the kit like you pointed out only fits 95-98 but fit my 2000 perfectly. I think they just list 95-98 playing it safe. The only thing I'll tell you is the crossover needs a little muscle to line up. My advice is to put stud in the manifold and lose the bolts. works much better. Walt sells a stud conversion kit but you can find the same thing cheaper on the help rack of most good auto parts stores. Also NAPA(atleast my local one) has yet to ever get the donuts right. Get them from the stealer. Also the downpipe flange gasket is Gm#15954812. You should change it.

Attachments

• gasket.jpg
    gasket.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 8
  • gasket1.jpg
    gasket1.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 6
The only thing I'll tell you is the crossover needs a little muscle to line up.

The best thing I ever did was to buy a Heath cross over, 1st after market I had was a Kennedy mandrel bent ceramic coated one, when it rotted out, I got Bill's, it's a 2 piece slip fit in the middle with muffler clamp sealif worried about leaking gas you could always run a weld bead afetr you fit it up, but it allows for custom fitment, rather than try to finesse in a "one bend for all engines-it should fit" installs. Both the truck & burb have it both very easy to install.

Thanks ya’ll. Just didn’t know if the outlet port was a different size or not. You know how GM does things some times :smilewinkgrin:. I would like to buy heath’s cross over, but the other set shipped to my door is less than his cross over. I just don’t have the extra money :cryin:. Thanks for the parts info Aces

Run OEM cross over until you can afford the Heath, for most replacing x over isn't a necessity, it's a nice to have, however some have found their x over collapsed internall at the bends, passing a golfball thru it will let you know if yours is one of those or not, those DO NEED a replacement x over

Heath is great and I buy as much from them as I can but the deal on the flowmaster was just too good and the quality seems pretty good to me. The two piece will save you a little fight but it wasn't that bad. I just attached one side first and pryed it over about 1/16 inch. I'm 40 with a bad back so it's not that tough.
):h

agreed... there is also a stainless x-over avaliable from another vendor that is 2-piece and is sitll cheaper than heaths

Back