• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

crap,broke a leaf spring 3 hrs from home

jettech

Reaction score
Just got back from a 4 day trip and broke a leaf spring on my 99 24' fleetwood trailer on the way home 3hrs out. Had to leave it a trailer repair business in Wi. Going to have all 4 replaced with new sets with an extra leaf. They thought the same as I have always felt, that the springs seemed pretty light for a trailer that size. In hindsight I guess it's good it went when it did. We just got back from Yellowstone and we're planing a Grand Canyon run next year.

at least it broke 3 hours out, not 30. Good to see that everything is ok, and that it is getting fixed well. Good luck with everything!

Bummer that is never fun, glad to hear the truck and trailer didn't get hurt though. We have had the same thing happen and you are lucky there was a near by place to do the repair. We broke a spring on a 30 foot flatbed with about 350-400 square bales of hay, in the middle of no where and all we could do was jack up the trailer and stuff in a 4X4 piece of lumber we use for the landing gear on the trailer, that was not fun. Hope they get her fixed up and goin for you soon.

Back