• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

cracked pre cups?

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
Reaction score
i'm changing head gaskets on my burb and found 3 of the 4 pre cups are cracked on the passenger side head.......do they need changed?.....where to get them and are they hard to change out?

How long are the cracks? Yes there is a service limit on cracks and some are acceptable per the GM service book. Not that many would put a cracked part back in for any reason...

The precups just push or tap out with a wooden dowel through the injector hole in the head. They must match what is in the other head. Be careful of the knock off precups that are magnetic.

How long are the cracks? Yes there is a service limit on cracks and some are acceptable per the GM service book. Not that many would put a cracked part back in for any reason...

The precups just push or tap out with a wooden dowel through the injector hole in the head. They must match what is in the other head. Be careful of the knock off precups that are magnetic.

they maybe 1/8" to 3/16"......i'm pulling the other head to so i would just replace them too.....are they aluminium?.....where is the best place to get them?

They are inconel. There are some on eBay. Just be careful to get the good ones.

Sent from my Studio 5.0s using Tapatalk

Back