• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Crack in my Cognito braces

Louisianarebel

Fits gonna hit the SHan soon
Reaction score
Truck only has around 68k miles on it. Braces have been on it for 40k.
utf-8BSU1HMDAzNTUtMjAxMDEwMDUtMTgwMi5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAzNTQtMjAxMDEwMDUtMTgwMi5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAzNjItMjAxMDEwMDUtMTg0Mi5qcGc.jpg

Should i take it all off and get new pitman arm and idler and braces?

I'd get a new pitman and idler right away and skip the braces. But then that's just me...

It seems like more and more you hear of theses braces screwing up?

It seems like more and more you hear of theses braces screwing up?

I have made that observation as well. I wonder if the more mass produced they are the higher the number of defects there are? I did see an alternative to them somewhere, but I cannot remember where. They were greaseable and almost bronze in color.

I gotta get Under my Truck now too. I have the Cognito Braces, and when I was making a U-Turn Today, I Heard a Nice Pop Under the Front End. So I gotta See what it was.

I would get with the person you purchased from to see if they can help you get a new one and also double check that your pitman arm doesn't have too much slop in it. The braces are just that a brace, if you have a sloppy pitman and idler you can have one crack. I also see them crack on 8" fabtech lifts due to alot more stress in that kits design than others. You might be seeing more of these pop up recently due to the higher volume of this product being sold. The product is not made in anyway weaker than before.

Bought it from you. :hihi:
Bought 2 leveling kits with everything you could get a few years ago.
Bout to order new hiem joint tie rod ends, don't know if u sell pitman n idler arms.. Gonna change them too.

Bought it from you. :hihi:
Bought 2 leveling kits with everything you could get a few years ago.
Bout to order new hiem joint tie rod ends, don't know if u sell pitman n idler arms.. Gonna change them too.

Awesome..sorry I thought so but didn't want to assume. Send the info of the cracked brace to [email protected] and I am sure we can get something worked out depending on the time frame of purchase. I am always happy to make something work even if it's out of the manufactures time frame. On anything more feel free to let me know what I can help you with and I am ready.

Not gonna make y'all get me new ones or anything, i'll just take them off. Thanks though nick. Is there a part number i can type in for the hiem joint tie rod ends so i don't have to call? I can't find them on there.

Not gonna make y'all get me new ones or anything, i'll just take them off. Thanks though nick. Is there a part number i can type in for the hiem joint tie rod ends so i don't have to call? I can't find them on there.

Tie Rods >> 8-Lug Tie Rod Kit w/stock spindles 01-up Chevy/GM

I know the faith of thetruckstop.us members are not good on the braces but really we don't see many issue's and I have to say it is a very fine line of why we are seeing failures when we do. The GM front end has so much stress and pivot points that domino effects are seen. It's hard to pin point them over the net but all I can do to help is ask questions and reflect what we see in house and from what we have found others telling us. I see very few failures as in maybe 1 every 2 months if that. Something that forum readers have to reflect is problems are mostly talked about 9-10 time, many never post on going saying they don't have a issue. I am not saying we don't want members posting about issues because 1 we learn from issue's and 2 we need to know about issue's. Without a problem we don't look at a fix.

What ever direction you would like to take I am here and willing to help my customers so feel free to let me know how I can help.

Tie Rods >> 8-Lug Tie Rod Kit w/stock spindles 01-up Chevy/GM

I know the faith of thetruckstop.us members are not good on the braces but really we don't see many issue's and I have to say it is a very fine line of why we are seeing failures when we do. The GM front end has so much stress and pivot points that domino effects are seen. It's hard to pin point them over the net but all I can do to help is ask questions and reflect what we see in house and from what we have found others telling us. I see very few failures as in maybe 1 every 2 months if that. Something that forum readers have to reflect is problems are mostly talked about 9-10 time, many never post on going saying they don't have a issue. I am not saying we don't want members posting about issues because 1 we learn from issue's and 2 we need to know about issue's. Without a problem we don't look at a fix.

What ever direction you would like to take I am here and willing to help my customers so feel free to let me know how I can help.
Ill always buy from yall when i can.
I have the tie rods already, the ends are squeaking I just need them.
Hope the pictures help, my truck is just leveled, i do hit lots of ruts and stuff working so im hard on the front-end, im sure its not yalls fault.

Will it be bad to not put them back on when i replace everything?

Ill always buy from yall when i can.
I have the tie rods already, the ends are squeaking I just need them.
Hope the pictures help, my truck is just leveled, i do hit lots of ruts and stuff working so im hard on the front-end, im sure its not yalls fault.

Will it be bad to not put them back on when i replace everything?

Oh so you need replacement ends, I am sorry misunderstood completly...I have them, $28 each I think...I need to load them in the system just to have ready but if or when just let me know and we can get them out. I am pretty sure we have them in stock because every once in a while people ask for them.

I would with out a doubt run the braces for extra strength to reduce the movement and wear on the pitman and idler itself.

Back