• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

CP3 Replace

Vrabel

Reaction score
Gotta replace my FPR due to idle surge / mileage drop. when I went to do it, there was no way the bolts where gonna come out. So it looks like I have the fun task of removing the CP3 to do the job. Considering its a 13hr job and it has 152k on it, I was considering an upgrade. anyone with any input?

They aren't too bad to get off. Just a bunch of crap that you gotta remove to clear enough room to remove the pump from its hole.

13hr??? Thats not right. Yes theres some stuff in the way but not 13hr worth of stuff.

The bolts shouldnt be very tight on the FPR. Theres only two of them. For some reason i dont have a set of torx sockets so i use a torx screwdriver and a pipe wrench.

The CP3 doesnt take much more to remove once your down there. Just 4 bolts that hold it in and some wiggling to get it out due to the o ring.

Yeah I wish it paid 13 hrs.:doh:
You can replace the fpr in just a couple hours and no the cp3 doesn't have to come off to get to it.

Back