• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Copper washer stuck at base of injector hole

chevytrucksonly

Dixie Ridge Runner
Reaction score
After removing my injectors I noticed that 2 of the copper crush washers were missing. I found them stuck in the injector hole base at the bottom. I have tried ever tool to separate the washer from the base but with no luck.
Has anyone experienced this and how did you resolve it? I need to take caution with the threads and injector port and not to damage them.

Thanks
Michael

Maybe try spraying WD-40 or other type of penetrant and let it soak for a while to loosen the carbon buildup. Then get a needle and pick set (like dental cleaning tools) to gently pry around it until it comes out. Just be careful of how much you spray into the injector hole so as not to hydrolock the engine when you are done reassembling it.

Steve

Is the copper washer damaged? Then reuse it. No reason to replace a copper washer and do damage removing it from the head. IF in doubt soap bubble the injector with the engine running to show leaks.

Back