• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Cooling System ‘94 K2500 Suburban

I never see anyone mention the Hayden 2886, it's used in the med duty trucks, I used this on my last build and even towing heavy that motor never got hot and when the clutch locks it locks harder than the others and pulls more air....

Specs - 2886 - https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=4620918&jsn=3

Specs - 2840 - https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=1793490&jsn=1073

Pretty sure I went with the Hayden 2886:

That was back in 2016, but very few miles have been put on the truck since then. Son bought an F-250 diesel in 2017 and the Suburban sat in my yard after suffering stalling problems which were eventually fixed this year as chronicled here. Now that it’s running I will do some testing with the GMTD ScanTech. It’s not a serious overheat problem, but runs warmer than we’d like.

Give it a good run and note both temp sensor numbers as to where the fan clutch kicks in.
Could be a simple fan clutch mod to that fan does all you need.

Make sure the fan shroud is sealed well to the radiator. Allowing cool air around the radiator to be drawn in will cool the air going to the fan clutch and keep it from engaging when it should.

OK drove the ‘94 Suburban around this weekend with ambient temps in the low 90s. Did not hook up the GMTD ScanTech, so this is based on the dash temp gauge.

With the Buddy tuner on max position 4 and stomping on the go pedal, I can get the gauge to the line just below 210. My math says each line is 7.5 degrees, so that is 202.5. Temp quickly falls to the next line 195 when I ease up on the go pedal and it does not go below that line. I believe it’s a 195 t-stat in there.

Back