• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Cooling Mist~ Any experiences?

Non Typical

Roller of the Smoke
Reaction score
I'm looking at one of their W/MI kits off E-bay. Unit shows a digital controller that can be used to monitor and change activation levels from inside the truck. Anyone here dealt with Cooling Mist? Good, bad feedback? I know Heath has a 6.5 specific kit, but this is almost $200 cheaper and with the controller included, is what I am looking for.

not really sure what your trying to show with that link. i understand most guys don't want the boost activated setup, but that is fine. I am sure I can put a toggle switch in if wanted for long distance cruises. like i said, i really like the controller unit. i just want to know if anyone has used them yet.

I have the BeCool kit from fleabay, but I modified it to work off of IAT and boost pressure thanks to some prodding from GMCTD. I use it with no more than 10% meth in the mix and a 14 gallon tank which gets me more than a month not towing, and about 1000 miles of flat towing.

Did you read Edzzed's post ? I thought that was what you were asking.

yea, i have read his post, and been following the other newer thread. i meant, has anyone had experience with this company and their products? i guess i can get it, and if need be move it to another truck if I don't like how it operates. but then again, it is $350 out there, and i am trying to buy a dump trailer right now, so money will be getting tight again.

I'm leaning toward the devils own but I have not talked to Bill H about his yet. Planning on it today. I'll post in the other thread

I like the cooling mist kit, the controller is nice, has 0-5V input (like from a IAT or EGT sensor or MAP) or the boost control, or both. You also get two nozzles, a check valve and all the fittings and lots of hose for a decent price.

I just ordered a 100-250psi adjustable pump from them, I already bought all the other parts, solenoids, fittings, hose and pressure switches before the kits became popular. Wish I had waited for these progressive controller kits.

Last edited:
Coolingmist screwed me over on an eBay transaction. It took paypal interference before he would even cough up the parts I paid for. He shorted my order by 2/3 of the parts and then told me it was not worth his time to do a peice count of his stock to see if I was indeed shorted. He also told eBay and paypal that I was trying to extort parts from him. I still have all the emails and notices reguarding the deadbeat called coolingmist.

I like the cooling mist kit, the controller is nice, has 0-5V input (like from a IAT or EGT sensor or MAP) or the boost control, or both. You also get two nozzles, a check valve and all the fittings and lots of hose for a decent price.

I just ordered a 100-250psi adjustable pump from them, I already bought all the other parts, solenoids, fittings, hose and pressure switches before the kits became popular. Wish I had waited for these progressive controller kits.

devilsown came with 3 nozzles, and has one 0-5v input. right now I have a gray wire that is not connected to anything but can't remember what it was for. Ed

DEVELSOWN for sure I spent months researching everyone and devilsown stacked up to be the best and after going with them and using there kit I am super happy and the owner Chance was always there to lend a hand with questions or advice, props to Devilsown!!

Back