• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Cooler Line R&R went bad

Matt! Where ya been, lad?

('scuse me, it's Alberta week here in this thread)

Hiding):h... Actually, been working, and doing some work on the trucks. I should really update my sig and post, but need to make the time. I try to keep up to date on here, but haven't really had time to post.

Was that an adapter that brought it out to a flare fitting or something? Or did you still have to get the bubble on the line that goes up into the cooler? In the beginning the Napa guy planned to reuse the original connectors and flare that bubble on the line but he found out he didn't have the die to do the 1/2 in bubble thing.

It had the ORB fitting on the one end, and a 3/8 NPT on the other.

ORB did not fit on mine,has one more or one tread less per inch than cooler treads[dont remember wich]

Really? mine went in no problem. and I haven't noticed any leaks yet, I'll have to check...

No Problem with the link on our part, Nobby - you can link from here to there, just if you try it from there to here you might get shit on by somebody over there.

This site is run by members for members. Big difference.

Jim

The fittings I was gonna try nmay be the same thing Nobby used because they do have an O ring. the threads get hand tight with about 1/4 inch to go, I wasn't sure if I could run them in that 1/4 inch or not but that was the plan.

I probably did not mention it in my other thread but the parker fittings do indeed bottom out in the stock cooler I forget how much I shaved off but a 1/4" or thereabouts springs to mind.

Cheers
Nobby

Never going back to the place to post etc, so no danger of cross posting in the wrong direction. :D

Tim the later coolers are M27 x 2.0 metric so adapting JIC in this case will not work. However IIRC reading somewhere that the earlier coolers were different and were imperial so that would be a possibility there I guess.

Cheers
Nobby

Here is a picture of one of the fittings I was planning to use. In the picture it is only finger tight, I was planning on running it in the rest of the way. I looked around for a 1/2 inch bender and the guys at work gave me these spring things that go over the tubing to keep it from collapsing. I figure I can probably use the spring if I plumb it with copper but I don't know about that steel line, take a look at the thickness of that line.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
Back