• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Cooled leather Seats Project?

HoytBows

Reaction score
So I was looking at a brand new truck the other day and the leather seats now come with coolers on them, the interior on the truck was exactly the same as my 2009 LTZ with an added button next to the seat heater. Does anybody know if I could put these newer seats in my 09" and make it work with some ingenuity and fabrication? Thanks

yes it can be done bolts right in ,but the plugs are different and i dont know [havent looked in the shop manual] to see if there controlled by the BCM,,and they've got to be expensive to buy

I'm sure they are pricey. Im going do some checking on that. Like you said, finding out if they run through the BCM. Ive been crawling under the seats of a brand new one trying to figure out where the air comes from, the A/C or if its a stand alone fan. I have to do some more checking today. I just get so sick of the back of my shirt being soaked in the summer (makes leather not all that nice). I could probably sell the ones I have now for an ok price too, they are still in real good shape.

the gm service manual[2011] has a whole section on heated/cooled seats and it shows 2 fans in the seats,i dont think it uses the vehicles a/c system,were are the cooled seats run/switched from?,i'll try to find the under-seat plugs to see if their the same as regular ltz seats,otherwize you will need a new floor/dash harness or at the least you will need to add wires,and reprogram the BCM too

Yeah i came up with the same thing. Looks like its a stand alone fan inside the seat that blows air through the seat and is NOT hooked up to the AC at all. It only blows cab air through the seat, and appears that it has an intake in the backside bottom of the seat backrest. The guys wouldnt let me pull the seat apart on the showroom floor, but in theory it should just be another circut and switch running the fan? I think that its a do'able project assuming I can come up with a black leather seat from somewhere....

Back