• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

coolant leak

crash

Reaction score
Ive got an 06 3500 chevy and ive got an coolant leak and its running of the back of the driver side of the motor and ive pressureized the system and found a few small leaks and fixed them but whats down in the vally that has coolant running in it?

its probuly coming from the 5/8's rubber hose on the egr cooler in the eng valley,thats were my 06' lbz leaked,,,i also had a coolent leak on the drivers side lower eng side by the oil filter,it was the eng oil cooler gasket at the block

ok its coming from the driver side running off the back of the motor

I can't remember if it's a rubber hose running to the turbo or not... relatively certain it isn't. You can see it down in the valley once you unplug the big bale connector and take the turbo inlet off. There's a pipe that runs back from the metal pipe where the rad hose connects coming off the driver's side of the engine IIRC.

Check the oil cooler to see if that might be leaking coolant also.

Back