• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Coolant flush question

Tovar

Reaction score
Is there a bleed valve on these trucks for burping the new coolant? If so, where? If not, what process is used to rid the system of air. I ask because this will be the first time (for me) to do this maintanence on this truck, and I don't want overheating issues due to air. Also, I have never had a vehicle with the only coolant access at the overfill tank.

Poking around in the 'Tech Library' is helpful ;)

Take a look here: http://www.thetruckstop.us/forum/threads/part-locations.9494/

In the 7'th pic, it is partially shown and labeled as "Air Bleed Valve".

The valve is on top of the thermostat housing (aka: crossover) and looks like a screw (flathead) mounted in a bolt.

Will need the engine at operating temperature and just open the screw until it starts to visibly expel gas or coolant. Do *not* completely remove the screw.

Is there a bleed valve on these trucks for burping the new coolant? If so, where? If not, what process is used to rid the system of air. I ask because this will be the first time (for me) to do this maintanence on this truck, and I don't want overheating issues due to air. Also, I have never had a vehicle with the only coolant access at the overfill tank.
That is an accumulator tank which also has a steam line vent at upper passenger side of the radiator. The reason for the steam vent is that the water in the EGW mixture always steams in the coolant galleys around the cylinder head and needs to vent.

Back