• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Converting a DRW to a SRW

busdriver75

Busier than hell...
Reaction score
anybody done this before? anybody know what all is required for the swap? i'm starting to look for different trucks and i'm finding a lot more NBS dually vehicles in my price range than SRWs.

any info is appreciated.

I would think it's just a Bed and Wheel Change.

In the Front I think you may need New Rotors as well, or maybe the 3500 Spacer just Unbolts.

i didn't realize their were spacers on the front wheels

Yep. Last I knew, this is what a 3500 DRW Front Rotor Looks like. So it is all 1 Piece, so you'll need new Rotors from a 2500 or 3500 SRW.

Attachments

• 0904st_04_z+1999_chevy_c3500_brakes_brake_pads_upgrade+truck_rotor.jpg
    0904st_04_z+1999_chevy_c3500_brakes_brake_pads_upgrade+truck_rotor.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 3
good work on the info boys. someone somewhere else mentioned spacers for the rear axle to bring the wheels out where they're supposed to be on a SRW 3500.

interesting....my dealer had 3 of them on the lot to choose from when I bought my cclb 3500 srw....you could just buy a 2500 and I'll sell ya the leaf spring pack that came out of my truck..

interesting....my dealer had 3 of them on the lot to choose from when I bought my cclb 3500 srw....you could just buy a 2500 and I'll sell ya the leaf spring pack that came out of my truck..

it makes no difference to me whether it is a 2500 or a 3500. i'm getting along towing anything i want with my 2500 now. i'm just looking for the most economical way to get into a NBS truck when its time to send the LB7 down the road.

Back