• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Condensation!

Bammer

Reaction score
I have a 07 CC with manual windows. Window can be dry as a bone,I roll it down and then back up and it's soaked ! I have had this happen in summer and winter. I am now worried that my doors maybe rotting from inside out?? I checked the bottom of the doors and can see the drain holes are clear,happens driver and passenger. Any ideas???

ive only had that problem after i wash my truck or it rains.Are you saying it does this all the time even without water involved?

ive only had that problem after i wash my truck or it rains.Are you saying it does this all the time even without water involved?

YUP

Well not every time,but enough when there hasn't been water around to make me wonder!

hell, it wouldnt hurt to pop a panel and see whats goin on.i mean really there shouldnt be any reason for water to just stay there for that long.its usually a few hours and mine are good to go.but maybe this texas sun evaporates it quicker.the padding may be getting wet and getting on the window.there should be some plastic between the padding and window,yours may be missing or loose.

I'll look,any idea how to get the window crank handles off,it's got me baffled,although thats not hard to do!:mad2:

there held in by a c shaped clip. you have to pop it out. there is a tool for it, autozone or the likes usually has them for a couple 10 bucks or so.

watch it tho that little c clamp will fly far away if givin the chance

It's called a Jesus clip because when you try to remove or install them, they always end up flying under the largest, heaviest item within a 15 foot radius, resulting in you yelling JESUS ******* ******!

Seriously, they're called circlips.

inside or outside of the window? or both? If you see a lot of humidity or frost the little felt strip along the bottom of the window will "hold" a lot of moisture and the outside of the window will get wet when rolling down and up.

Only time I get moisture on the inside overnight is if a window is down a little or a door doesn't close all the way.

Back