• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Compounds

Can you confirm that setup fits in the engine by and doesn't hit the air box? I also like the idea of a mechanical turbo master, but only visual proof I've seen of a holset working in place (not to say it doesn't exist or is possible elsewhere) is @n8in8or's CKO HX40 with the aforementioned horizontal actuator

Attachments

• IMG_20210408_115942674~2.jpg
    IMG_20210408_115942674~2.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 8
Yes, i had aneroid on one of mine for the daily driving. I just controlled mine under the hood. Had 2 positions i would use labeled cop and no cop! Haha. So basically ‘set it’ through tuning it to be ok on street and never any smoke and would turn it to that. Then time to play, I popped the hood and it was like shutting it off, so it would leave a small trail, but mixed with tire smoke so no one knew it was diesel.

Yes, when you use aneroid and resist mps (mashed pedal syndrome) the mileage was good.
But if you are after amazing mpg- you need to do a tiny pump for that which barely gets the truck up to speed, have 0 boost at speed so there is no back pressure from turbo.

@Rockabillyrat So my new pump-Do I just buy and send to you direct for building or do you buy the pump and modify it and I pay you all at once?

So fuel mileage is still good with the increased fuel IP's?

Yes, with a properly set up aneroid system you can limit the metering valve to fuel like a stock pump in the lower rpms. And with the additional fuel in your peak tourqe range it will have good MPG.

Yes, i had aneroid on one of mine for the daily driving. I just controlled mine under the hood. Had 2 positions i would use labeled cop and no cop! Haha. So basically ‘set it’ through tuning it to be ok on street and never any smoke and would turn it to that. Then time to play, I popped the hood and it was like shutting it off, so it would leave a small trail, but mixed with tire smoke so no one knew it was diesel.

Yes, when you use aneroid and resist mps (mashed pedal syndrome) the mileage was good.
But if you are after amazing mpg- you need to do a tiny pump for that which barely gets the truck up to speed, have 0 boost at speed so there is no back pressure from turbo.

@Rockabillyrat So my new pump-Do I just buy and send to you direct for building or do you buy the pump and modify it and I pay you all at once?

I'm not ready to offer customer stuff just yet. And I dont want to violate any vendor rules on the forum.

But when the time comes we can go about it a few different ways. I can modify your new pump, or rebuild a used pump. Either one of us can purchase it, thoes details we can figure out later. Honestly if you want a nice rebuilt pump I would put a new H&R assembly in it. A new pump will already come with that.

All my pumps will be USLD compliant, and you will have the choice from stock to "race" calibrations depending on what you are using the truck for.

This is the message I got from the seller about the 6 blade wheel I purchased:

I bought some of those wheels a few years ago as part of a package from a
shop that was closing. I only have a few left. The wheels are balanced. I
don't know who manufactured them because the wheels were not in original
packaging.

This is the message I got from the seller about the 6 blade wheel I purchased:

I bought some of those wheels a few years ago as part of a package from a
shop that was closing. I only have a few left. The wheels are balanced. I
don't know who manufactured them because the wheels were not in original
packaging.

Ordered

Maxed out fuel screw is around 90cc. If you play with minimum throttle and guide stud specs you can get a little more.

Back