• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Common Cold Remedies and Treatments

Common Cold Remedies and Treatments... Pick your poison.

• Total voters

CtChevy427

Still Kicking....
Staff member
Lead Moderator
Reaction score
This weeks contribution by 3500GMC.....

Thanks Brad...

'Tis the season...

Pick your poison.

Nyquil
Vicks
Tussin
Theraflu
Alka Seltzer cold & flu
Listerine (antiseptic for sore throat)
Pseudoephedrine
Honey and Lemon
Jack Daniels
Jim Beam
Suffer
Other (specify)

Multiple choice... :hihi:

Always looking for poll ideas post them HERE or send me a PM.......

It REALLY!! grates my nerves when someone sneezes in public and does not cover that 5h!7 up.

Vit C, Echinacea, and increase fluid intake, supplement with gatorade/poweraid. Treat the fever with Tylenol, cough with halls cough drops and the rest with dayquil/nyquil. Most of the time lately in my area most people are over the "bug" in less than a week.

Suffer until it's gone with plenty of water/fluids and rest. BUT...If I have sinus problems I'll take Sudafed if I must to get relief.

Plenty of Listerine for the throat and plenty of Nyquil for the sleeping.

I like the Rum and Honey ideer also.. :scratchchin:

The Orange Liquid Tylenol (in a Bigger Dose than Recommended) used to Work for me. It'd have me Cleared Up in Less than 48 Hours, but it doesn't Work at all for me anymore.

Depends on what the ailment is. Cough, probably just deal with it. Runny nose, sinuses plugged up, etc. I'll take something, depending on the ailment. Sudafed works good for being stuffed up.

Garlic. Lots of garlic. Start now and it keeps away the people that don't cover their mouth when they sneeze as well!

I am an Alka Seltzer cold plus and lots of liquids man as well... drink lots of water and hot tea and keep going.

See my Chiropractor and make sure my C-1 vertabra is properly aligned. Also take Vit "C" up to 8K mg/day along with Echinacia. Flood the body with lots of good clean water. Stay away from Lactose/dairy products as they are mucus producers.

Back