• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Cognito Upper Arms

t2ch

Reaction score
Look what fell off the UPS truck today!:eek:

Thanks Chad!

Install happens tomorrow along with new torsion keys, lower ball joints, pitman, idler and outer tie rods.

I'm getting this stuff out of the way so I don't have worry about it and hopefully the alignment will hold again.

Also washed the truck for a before pic :D

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC02651.jpg
    DSC02651.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 57
  • DSC02652.jpg
    DSC02652.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 56
Last edited by a moderator:
Uhmmm not sure why they attached that way but if someone knows how to fix it that would be great!

Not sure what happened with the pictures Travis. If you need it changed again let me know....

When you put those in don't be afraid to bend the tabs out a little on the frame. Just be careful running the nuts on the bolts, torque them to spec. Remember to give the alignment shop the Cognito spes. that are in the directions.
Good luck.......

Look what fell off the UPS truck today!:eek:

Thanks Chad!

Install happens tomorrow along with new torsion keys, lower ball joints, pitman, idler and outer tie rods.

I'm getting this stuff out of the way so I don't have worry about it and hopefully the alignment will hold again.

Also washed the truck for a before pic :D

attachment.php

attachment.php

What kit did you go with?

Not sure what happened with the pictures Travis. If you need it changed again let me know....

Thanks Bill :thumbsup:

When you put those in don't be afraid to bend the tabs out a little on the frame. Just be careful running the nuts on the bolts, torque them to spec. Remember to give the alignment shop the Cognito spes. that are in the directions.
Good luck.......

A friends shop is doing it, I don't have the time but thanks for the heads up, I will pass it on the man doing the work. The alignment spec tip is good, I saw that in the directions and already told him to follow that instead of factory specs.

What kit did you go with?

I pieced it together. I already had the 0-2" shocks from Nick @ Nor-Cal. I bought the arms because I was out of adjustment for the alignment, plus I need ball joints. I ordered the arms, torsion keys and 1" blocks from Alligator.
The rest of the stuff I got local.

That's a mighty handsome piece there.

Thanks Mike

Travis, you are going to love the new stance the truck will have. Remember to add some before and after pictures when its all done...

Well install went smooth, except I have misplaced the sleeve nuts for the pitman and idler arm braces :mad2:. They are different from the stock to the Moog arms so I have to order some from Cognito.
The truck rides great. Nice and tight like brand new.

You were right Bill, I love the stance with only 1 inch lift:thumbsup:. What a difference it makes.

Some pics:
Before:
attachment.php

Before:
attachment.php

The rest are after
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• mirrors 001.jpg