• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Code P0403 on a 07 LBZ

Bammer

Reaction score
07 LBZ, just turned 50k. CEL light came on after a fill up, checked with scan gauge and found code P0403 which is EGR solenoid control circuit. I cleared it and it has stayed out for 1 trip of about 8 miles. Any thoughts?

Thanks

don't forget that blocking it just prevents future 'damage' removing the intake and heads and removing all the valves and soaking in engine degreaser and steam washing is the only real way to undo the damage.

Is the EGR motor a warranty item?? Better still is cleaning out the gunk going to be covered, I mean that stuff would be the cause of the motor failure right? I'll take the truck for a longer ride tonight and see if it throws the code again.

Thanks for the input fella's,I appreciate it! Looks like another call to Joe is in order!

GM will not cover cleaning out the system because it is functioning as designed (aside from motor failure) the pcv oil mist and exhaust soot mix together forming a nasty sludge that gums up EVERYTHING in its path..... depending on how many miles you have the motor can be covered.

the motor should be covered. but like others have said john, block that egr and keep it a bit cleaner for the rest of its life.

I'll see if it throws the code again! If it does I'll see if GM will cover it.

Joe, you have a PM!

I had mine tuned out for about 30 of the 38K that's on the truck and I got the same code when I swapped my factory ECM in. Although the EGR was tuned out, I still think the motors go bad after awhile anyway. I debating wether to take mine in for a fix, or just leave it as is.

On the other side of this I still am running 100% stock and as strong as new even with 126k+ on it. I do a hard acceleration every 100 to 150 miles (have since new) and that seems to do the trick. If I ever start to have troubles with the EGR, it will get blocked and disconnected. It's the principle of the matter to me at this point.

Code was cleared when I left my driveway, 2 miles later it was on. I cleared it and drove the highway for @ 12 miles, hitting it pretty hard and blasting out some junk, even raced some white trash skank from a red light, she overtook me but not before getting a window full of smoke! ):h Stopped at a store, and once I was under way again the code came back. I am looking into a blocker plate and will get the CEL issue fixed if it's under warranty. The next question is what to do about the CEL that comes after the blocker plate is installed?

Bammer said:
Code was cleared when I left my driveway, 2 miles later it was on. I cleared it and drove the highway for @ 12 miles, hitting it pretty hard and blasting out some junk, even raced some white trash skank from a red light, she overtook me but not before getting a window full of smoke! ):h Stopped at a store, and once I was under way again the code came back. I am looking into a blocker plate and will get the CEL issue fixed if it's under warranty. The next question is what to do about the CEL that comes after the blocker plate is installed?

Sounds like the EGR is going bad. Once that is fixed, a PPE programmer ( I think) or I know EFILive will take care of it for you.

Blocker plate and finger stick. Or Blocker plate and a tuner to "shut off" or not allow the EGR to come on again will solve it.

Back