• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

CODE 97 ??

When my WG solonoid was bad it didn't do limp mode, just had low power and blew black smoke... ala no turbo. Can't even remember if it coded.

I wasn't blowing any smoke at all, & had no power at all. I was down shifting to low 2 so the RPM's would stay over 2K to keep the temp's down under 210f. Going about 35 MPH on I68.

I was only blowing smoke under acceleration. Didn't remember temps rising, but I'm sure they would if lack of turbo. EGT's would also go through the roof. Mine onlyh did it for 1 day before I replaced teh WG solonoid, think it was 40 bux from stealer. Installed it in their parking lot. Drive home was nice.

I'm really happy with the Turbo Master even if that is the reason it took me 5 hrs to make a 3.5 hr trip. Well it's my fault for not having a boost gauge, & the understanding of how it would make more boost under load when it needed it. Not that it's a bad thing just bad if computer doesn't like it without the fooler.

not to mention dangerous without guages.

I just ordered a 2 piece pyro/boost from kennedy for 220 w/pod. I'll be sure to post pix and talk about my install. Then the next weekend I'll install my 4" Jardine exhaust and talk about the EGT differences from stock *(minus cat) setup. It's been a long time I've been waiting for these add-ons... I'm excited. I don't get excited easily.

I have to say though, I have never felt the need for more boost. Maybe I don't know what I'm missing? Maybe I'm just too cheap with the fuel :) I actually hit 2500 rpm today for the first time in a long while. My engine rarely sees over 2200, and cruises at 1900. Damn I need cruise control. I creep up to 2k / 21.

Last edited:
Well sorry it took so long for update. Install boost gauge & fooler, after already backing off TM had 16 lbs. w/out trailer. backed off to 10 lbs. w/out trail. Hooked to boat & 15 lbs. again, backed off to 10 lbs with boat. Never went over 215f, & after the mountains on I68 & I70 was doing 70 mph. Pulled codes 39, 62, & 78. 62 was because 10K POT not adjusted right, 78 Turbo wastegate sol fault, not hooked up. 39 TCC stuck off, just got done TCC Lockup Mod! THANKS for all the Help!!!!

Back