• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

CODE 97 ??

97 is a cylinder imbalance in cylinder #7

Most likely a result of your recent IP install. Clear it and see if it comes back.

Thanks, Chris. Will be here all week, leaving Sat. Drove it with out boat, & still no turbo whistle?? I have the TM set at what the paper said (Max). Should I try to back it down?? What would make the turbo not work?? Took off air cleaner and the prop. turns free with no play. Started truck & it turns?? Does NAPA sell Boost a gage?? There is one close. Not sure about the gage if there is no noise there is no boost??

Marc

Check the cross-over for leaks. If there is one you'll lose boost. Leo

Getting a lot of black smoke? This would be a better indication of no boost.
I can barely hear mine spinning, but it sure is.

No, there is no smoke at all? Up until we left, could always here the Turbo. At idle if I open WG you can here it sucking & the exhaust changes. When driving without boat you can hear at little whistle at about 2700 RPM's, but nothing like before?? Checked crossover it's tight & no leaks. Could the upper intake gasket be leaking?? Is there something safe to spray around the upper & lower intake to see if Idle changes??
Marc

you should be blown black it your WG is stuck open or if turbo not spinnin'.....pull the elbow off the turbo and see if it's spinnin' at idle...

pull the elbow off the turbo and see if it's spinnin' at idle

SEE if it's spinnin' --- Don't try to feel it with a finger, or anything else.
Using a screwdriver will ruin the turbo, using a finger will ruin your hand.

To be honest, the surgeon did a great job on my finger, but the tip is still numb after a year. So I guess my hand isn't *ruined*.

I have the TM on, but when replacing the IP the vac line to the WG solenoid broke? This was the only thing that really changed. Would that make it go into limp mode??

I have a "F" so my vac was only for the waste gate, I'm not sure about "S" motors

Thanks Justin, I am getting boost gauge from Napa tomorrow & will be installing potentiometer at MAP sensor. Hopefully that will do it. Atleast the gauge will let me know if there is boost.

Marc

No problem, thanks for posting and giving me something to reply to. (Its been a long, boring day) :)
Post up how it goes.

I will let you know, but after searching through more post at DP it looks like all I needed to do was back off the TM a little?? First time pulling boat besides around the lake that I live at (max 25mph) & no mountains to go over like these in western MD.
Marc

That could be, cant hurt to have a gauge though to know for sure. Ill admit I dont have one yet :holyshirt:

Back