• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

code 78

Nico

Reaction score
the SES light has been coming on in my truck lately, usually if I stay below 55mph it's all good, as soon as it hits 55 SES will come on once I back off the throttle it'll turn off, I checked the codes and the only one I'm getting is 78
wastegate solenoid fault.. can this thing be fixed or should I just replace it? if so, does anyone have a part number for it?

thanks in advance for the help
Nico

Sometimes, shooting WD-40 into the solenoid will free it up if its sticking... try that first!

heath diesel . com take a look about a bill + shipping greatest thing i did to mine was get rid of the vac pump and all the silly stuff that is associated with it soliniod vac lines the pump on the truck it self and a 1 inch shorter beltturbo master is a mechanical waste gate controller does a better job than our vac system will

take off the can and make one if you look on the other web site pm me if you need the address and search it you can see how to build a tm your self i understand the money situation think i toasted my motor this weekend while dropping the oil lines on the high way replaced and now i have no oil pressure but who knows need more time to take it apart than what i have now and more money to buy new motor than what i can spend maybe santa will bring me a 6.5 optimizer long block ):h

Back