• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Clutch Master and Slave cylnender

BigBearZach

Reaction score
ok so had to replace my cluch master cylnder and did and also the slave figure good time to do it. well i got them all in got a new hydro line to go from one to the other got all installed no real problem. here is the problem went to go bleed the system and after about an hour and a half i have no pressuer built up what so ever in the pedal. please help this is my only vehical and down time is killing me!!!

You have the exterior slave correct?

What does the fluid in the master look like? I found on mine (concentric slave) at first the fluid foamed pretty bad and I had to start then let it rest for a hour or two then do some more. Nice slow pumps to minimize the foaming. I think I did three pumps and bled and it did not have pressure for a couple of bleeds so it took like 15 pumps til pressure built.

How have you been doing it?

From reading seems the exterior is harder to bleed. There are a few threads on it suggesting jacking front up and then rear so bubbles will want to move in slave better.

yes it is an external slave. the fluid was fine it wasn't foamy or bubbly. I tried for atleast 2 hours and it would build no pressure

Is it bubbling at all? Mine had a little trail of bubbles up from the little hole at the bottom of the master's reservoir. Did fluid level drop much? Are you pumping 3-5 times slow controlled strokes holding and letting someone bleed it and repeating? 2 hours is a pretty long time and you should have pumped a cup or 3 of fluid out right? If it had a large amount of air it might have just foamed up from all the pumping. ????

Mine continued to improve over the first 3 days as the foam broke up and the bubbles migrated out on their own.

Remove the slave cyl,leave the line connected. Push the slave cyl plunger in all the way with a screw driver,then let it come back out. Do this several times and your problem will be solved.

You shouldn't have to,but it doesn't hurt to bleed it at the bleeder. I wasted lots of time and money,before I learned this little trick.

ok so update for to day. same asit was before I tried to pushing the slave rod in, I also put a vacuum to it and I also tried to bleed it while pumping it slowly

When I replaced everything in mine, I bench bled the master first, like this.. I mounted the master completely, NOT the hyd line yet. Now get the slave OFF with the line hooked up.. next, have a clear piece of tubing to slide over the hyd line end at the master that you haven't connected yet.. put the open end in a container of fluid and either have someone hold it and you get under and hold the slave and slowly push the rod all the way in and pause for a second then release the rod, with the open end of the tube in fluid, it will push air out & pull fluid in.. give the fluid some time between pushing the rod to let the fluid settle in the slave, keep doing this till there are no more bubbles.. next, fill the master, have someone slowly push the petal WHILE you hold a finger over the hole the line screws into and don't remove your finger yet, have them pump the petal again and you should start having pressure on the finger now, don't let any air past while the petal is coming back up.. a few times the air will be gone, now hook up the line ( DO NOT PUSH THE PETAL AT ALL YET ). Lastly, with all hooked up and full of fluid, go back to the slave that is still hanging under there not bolted up yet, and slowly push the rod all the way in, try and hold it so the line is the high spot to make sure the air isn't trapped, do not let the rod return really quick, with everything full, what air is there it is up at the master, watch the master and when no more bubbles show your done.. sounds like a lot but it works quick..

so here is an update to my update. got everything going then the master cylinder went out just a day after I got everything working so I cut my losses and bought the pre-bleed kit got it in and 3 days after that push the clutch in to down shift and feel a pop as I push it. well this seems to be a problem in some of the transmissions. so called got a replacement and found the cause of the pop. it was the clutch pivot ball and clutch fork. so got it all changed and the good news is that now I have a clutch petal that no longer has any hard spots in it. I have the bulletin from the company and will post it when I dig it out of my email.

Back