• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Cluster malfunction

c33080

Reaction score
I dont know if this is in the right place for asking but I was wondering... My instrument cluster seems to have a mind of its own on when it wants to work or not work and on the sheet I recieved when I did a vin check it states that the instrument cluster was changed out under warranty, I guess my question is does GM warranty warranty work ???? Or what am I to do and who do I contact?? Any and all help would be appreciated Thanks

If it is still under the extended warranty period for the cluster, they should replace it. If not you can replace the steeper motors yourself for cheap or send it out to have them replaced for about $150.
Exactly what is the cluster doing? Could also be low/bad batterie(s).

It doesnt do anything No guages no tack, oil press, trans temp, bat, odometer. I stopped by the Chevy garage today and they hooked it up an just says error when they try scanning the cluster so the tech said it was more than likely the cluster is bad

Go for a drive (30 miles). shut the truck off, then restart it. If the cluster starts to work then the odds are you have a bad battery. Think of it as an early warning device...better than the truck not starting one morning...
or
take the batteries in and have them tested.

Back