• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Clear ODB codes.

bralos

Reaction score
Sorry to start another thread, I should have included this one in the last question. I checked my gasser manual and does not show me what to pull to clear ODB1 Codes on my truck. Scanner tells me to check manual for proprer fuse to pull.

Also guess I should spend the money and get a diesel manual as the gasser one is lacking. Anyone have one they recomened?

Thanks again.

Jonathan

You can either disconnect the batteries for a while or if you are reading the codes with a paper clip you can depress both the throttle and brake for about 45 sec. while the paper clip is in and ign. is on. Never turn to start with the paper clip in. Leo

Cool, Using scanner not paperclip, I will unplug batery in the case. For the future what pins do i short for paperclip trick?

Most people get the code 12 first all the time, which is to show that everything is in working condition, however I only get code 12 when there are no other codes, and some other people have said the same thing about theirs.

Could mean we have a problem with ours or thats the way specific ones worked, maybe the ones built in 1993.

I have had 3 mechanics tell me to replace the ECM, because of that and apparantly missing an IP signal voltage they keep looking for, but the truck runs great and I had already replaced the ECM and E-PROM and no change coming out of the ECM. So if your 94 was built in 93 things may be a little different, because they did change things up in January 94 WRT the IP and E-PROM for all models.

The way to check it and the codes themselves are the same though.

I just bought the full actual GM service manual for $99 plus shipping, its nice to have if you havent already invested $30 in a Haynes or Chilton or whatever that half of it is gassers.

Back