• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Cleaning the intercooler????

GMCYA

Resident Coonass
Reaction score
I finally got around to rerouting my PVC. Wish I would have done it when I did the EGR blocker under 20K miles, damn that is nasty:eek:! Sooo....I want to take out my intercooler and clean it. Besides just removing it and using a couple gallons of degreaser to soak and flush it anybody have any tips or good way to do this?????

Hose it out with some simple green or similar degreaser. The IC is a PITA to remove unless you just take the boots off and spray it out while it's still in the stack.

I'd personally also suggest removing the cast alum intake and clean all the goo out of it also. It's not much work to remove, plus you'll already be disconnecting it from the IC so you might as well.

Last edited:
Your 03 already has a PCV system that's vented to atmosphere and does not have an EGR system IIRC. Only certain LB7's with CA emissions had this (someone correct me if I'm wrong)

Cleaning the fins of the intercooler/radiator/condenser stack would be a good idea, but there should be no reason to clean the inside of the IC since none of the engine oil vapors are circulated through it like in the 04.5 and up models with all the emissions garbage.

Back