• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Cleaning Garage Floors

muriatic acid is used to etch concrete, thats probably a little harsh , maybe a degreaser, I used to take wet the concrete down pour dish soup on it and scrub it with a stiff brush, it worked well for fresh spills, don't know how well it would work on stains that have been there a while.

i seen some stuff that you can put on your garage floors with a paint roller, and stains arnt supposed to stain, ever heard of it??

Its probably an epoxy sealant, sealing the surface so oil can not seep into concrete which is porous. I f you use this epoxy be sure to etch the floor with muriatic acid, wash and let it dry well or it will bubble and peel

I have used a mixture of clorox and joy dish soap with a deck brush with success in the past and that floor was nasty.

Its probably an epoxy sealant, sealing the surface so oil can not seep into concrete which is porous. I f you use this epoxy be sure to etch the floor with muriatic acid, wash and let it dry well or it will bubble and peel

epoxy sealant! thats it! im my look more into doin that!

I have used a mixture of clorox and joy dish soap with a deck brush with success in the past and that floor was nasty.

Thanks im gonna try to tomorrow! thanks!

Speed ball. it is an all purpose cleaner by butchers, it will clean anything. it truely is the best.

my dad sells chemicals and everyone you talk to loves the stuff. the only problem is you will have to go to a janatorial suply place to get it.

Oh it is number 22 speed ball is what i recomend. number 1 is even stronger but has butal which is not good for you.

An idea that works...instead of busting your butt with a deck brush, run down to your local rental place and get a floor scrubber with a BLACK pad. Just make sure there is 'liquid' in the area you are working (you might 'go for a ride' if it's dry). I can't comment on what formula to use for the cleaning...just the process.

Good luck.

Bill

oh quick question are the floors finished or just concrete that will play a large role in the cleaning of the floor.

i just scrubbed my shop floor and i used a 5 gal bucket full of simple green a brush and a power washer. it looked awesome up until the tornado blew everything in and ruined it.

Muratic acid works, if finished concrete it will remove the sealer, you can dilute muratic acid with water in plastic pail.

Purple power/simple green work well also, to reduce stains, I used Tide laundry detergent or other powder with bleach rather than kitty litter or oil absorb when I 1st spill oil.

Last edited:
In school, we'd just wet the floor, put some kind of powdered detergent/soap down (comes in bulk buckets), and scrub with strong bristled sweepin brushes before rinsing then using a squeeqee to push the water into the drains.

Back