• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Chicago area to Denver or the 4 corners area - Hesperus

jrsavoie

Recruit
Reaction score
I put what I thought was a low ball bid on 3 Honda Odyseys just to keep track of them and see what they sold for. I ended up winning them. Which wouldn't bother me in the least if they weren't where they are. The seller has offered to meet me in Denver.

I will be taking the 1994 K3500 SRW and a small trailer.

Unless somebody is heading this direction and can bring them this way or if somebody out there wants to buy them for what I paid. $1201

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...96&ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:US:3160#ht_500wt_1182

Otherwise it will be a good road trip and a diversion from the day to day stuff.

I know a guy that could get you a .pdf manual for them. He's sitting behind me.
Those are pretty rough. Hey, he's got a '59 Plymouth sitting there! One of the all time ugliest cars ever! :puke:

I know a guy that could get you a .pdf manual for them. He's sitting behind me.
Those are pretty rough. Hey, he's got a '59 Plymouth sitting there! One of the all time ugliest cars ever! :puke:

We had an Odyssey til the kids moved out. Sold it to a friend and he sold to another.

It's a good idea to put a pillow block bearing on the axle to the frame on the gear box side. It takes a lot of stress off the gear box. We bored ours out 3 times over and strated ripping off gear boxes and wheel centers. After we installed the bearing we never had to touch the gear box again> It was between 21-24mm IIRC

We found some 4 bolt hubs of the correct spline for the axle and used wheels from a 4 wheeler that were heavier than the Odyssey wheels.

I'll take you up on that offer of the PDF manual. I let my manual go with the Odyssey when I sold it.

Plans have changed.

It has turned into a family trip with the 1998 Suburban and 6 people total.

I'll be looking to buy a trailer big enough to carry 3 Odysseys for the trip home. We don't want to drag a trailer all over creation sightseeing.

Any links or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Any good family things to do in between the Grand Canyon and Illinois? Thinking of hitting Pikes Peak & a kid firendly rafting trip. The youngest is just turning 7 years old.

Also interested in riding horses. A place that had horses for a 300 lb guy and will also have something for the youngest would be nice.

:hello: Could have saved yourself a trip if you just wanted to see what it would go for by using the "add to watch list" button

attachment.php

Enjoy the trip and the ATV's...I'd love to find one close to the house for sale in good working order...:thumbsup:

ebay.jpg

Jeff, Let me see if it's OK for me to get you in touch with my Daughter via e-mail. She's lived in Co Springs since high school and lives on a large horse ranch near Castle Rock where her Husband is head groundskeeper. He may know of where to look for a trailer. There are no 'for rent' horses at their place but maybe she can steer you in the right direction. As to things to see near Pike's Peak, she can recommend those too. BTW, Garden of the Gods is a MUST see. It's on the way up route 24 to Pike's peak.

geez, I thought you bought 3 Honda Oddessey minivans, and I thought you were insane! :)

Pikes peak is pretty cool, take the cog railway!

never been to garden of the gods, but hear it is amazing.

if you like the mountains, may I suggest a stay at the Stanley Hotel in Estes park? pretty cool.

also, if you want that tranny, swing on in! I70, exit 27. 1/2 mi north, 1/2 mi east. I need to find a rear extension housing first, and might need to change the tone ring ,as it appears to be damaged from handling.

if something comes up, I could possibly haul them for fuel money back to our place, but that all depends on farming and harvest schedules.

good luck!

U-haul rents trailers. A 6'x12' flatbed with ramp ought to work.

geez, I thought you bought 3 Honda Oddessey minivans, and I thought you were insane! :)

Pikes peak is pretty cool, take the cog railway!

never been to garden of the gods, but hear it is amazing.

if you like the mountains, may I suggest a stay at the Stanley Hotel in Estes park? pretty cool.

also, if you want that tranny, swing on in! I70, exit 27. 1/2 mi north, 1/2 mi east. I need to find a rear extension housing first, and might need to change the tone ring ,as it appears to be damaged from handling.

if something comes up, I could possibly haul them for fuel money back to our place, but that all depends on farming and harvest schedules.

good luck!

Hope to see yopu on our way home.

At Royal Gorge the railroad trip along the river 1500 feet below the bridge is way cooooool. I also like the area around Co Springs as others have said, lots of nice things there. I live only 30 miles from Estes Park. A lot to do there. If you were going to be going up into the mountain area for a few days, you could leave your trailer here and not drag it with you . I have a fenced area it could go into. But right now we also have a fire going here and the air is so thick you can chew almost. Not a good thing.

Back