• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

chevy suburban repower

rollinsmokehigh

Reaction score
New to the site, I have a 97 chevy suburban doing a soild axle swap and dana 60 front and 14 bolt rear with 10" lift and 325 85r16 michelin xml s, and a 96 cummins 12 valve p pumped and backing it up and NV4500 and a divorce mount NP205 will post pictures as soon as I figure out how to resize them.

Thanks

Sounds awesome! Can't wait to see some pics.

Oh, and welcome from another new guy :welcome8:

check it out got some pics posted the cummins is on the engine stand and the head is going to get checked and new valve seals and 60lb valve springs installed will get some pics and postem.

cummins59001-1.jpgth_cummins59002.jpg

cummins on the stand got the cylinder head bolts retapped today and the head gasket material cleaned off.

To help with driveline angle and if I m on the trail I can swap the front or rear driveshaft they will be the same length, plus if i ever decide to go with an nv5600 the onlt drive shaft that will have to be modified will be the short shaft between th trans and t-case.

Ok, that makes sense. I didnt know if you knew all the combinations to put a cummins in front of a NV with a 241 behind it, most guys end up with atleast the back half of the GM 241 so they can keep there speedometer without wiring/converters.

Good luck with the build, keep us posted. Heck, I still need to start a build thread, well a thread, its pretty much done, got about 3k miles on it now.

Back