• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Chevy diesel 6.5 crank no start

Replace the starter before it strands you - again. By ear it's NOT spinning the engine fast enough! It could be a bad battery cable as well. Suggest a Powermaster to go beyond min crank RPM. @ak diesel driver knows it...

How many miles are on the injectors? The hit and miss also sounds like they are sticking open.

What kind of engine oil and how old/miles on it?

Replace the starter before it strands you - again. By ear it's NOT spinning the engine fast enough! It could be a bad battery cable as well. Suggest a Powermaster to go beyond min crank RPM. @ak diesel driver knows it...

How many miles are on the injectors? The hit and miss also sounds like they are sticking open.
Got the truck at 49k miles now at 71k miles. Those are new batteries, just was cranking a bit before video.
I have shell rotella t4 I there. Ya I was thinking about the stater sense I've cranked so much on it 😄

I cut the video so might sound different that's was with optical sensor off to

Back