• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Checking lift pump

Yeah I'm going to do the relay mod when I get the part's ,Buddy gave me the schematic on it. I thought I saw a AC Delco OPS on Rock Auto but I was on there last night and couldn't find one.

Mark

Glow plug lift pump relay pics Tahoe 001.jpgGlow plug lift pump relay pics Tahoe 004.jpgGlow plug lift pump relay pics Tahoe 003.jpgGlow plug lift pump relay pics Tahoe 002.jpgBuddy's schematic is excellant.

I put my relays on near the underhood fuse panel on the 95 Tahoe.

I used the underhood fue box for a power supply and tapped into the grey wire to the lift pump and off the glow plug controler to activate the relays

Thanks for the pic's Jrs their helpfull I'll see if I can locate these place's you tied in. I just got my extension hose from PMD, I thought this hose was suppose to be about 6'' long ,this sucker I got is 24''. I don't know if he made a mistake or I'm mistaken about the length of the hose.

Mark

That is Leroy's latest and greatest extension, allows you to mount it to the intake or anywhere even easier to get at. I have that one too.

You can get power directly from the wire to the OPS connector, if you tap into it, or anywhere like jr did. The grey wire you can also find right on the OPS connector. You can cut it several inches from the connector and use the two ends, but you probably need to splice more wire into each end. You're going to be messing with the OPS connector just to relocate it.

Back