• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Chasing an electrical issue

HoytBows

Reaction score
I need some help fellas. My rig is throwing me a P0571 code for the brake A circut sensor, or something close to that effect. I know there is a sensor up near the brake pedal/firewall that could be bad, but I suspect its more than that (maybe)

Thing is I pulled the auxilary chord out and snipped the zip tie on it with intention of putting a trailer plug inside my bed. I stuffed it back in and one thing led to another and I forgot to get around to it. (STUPIDIDIOTME) Cause of course it wiggled its way loose and threw itself right down in front of my drivers side rear tire. Most of the wires snapped where they split off right there on the frame where the cab ends and the bed starts. What I cant see is the damage up in side that mess and I might be looking at a real mess.

Things that dont work: Trailer Running Lights. Trailer Brakes. Auxilary power to trailer is out. Plus the CEL/P0571

Blinkers work, brake lights work.

Does anybody have a diagram for the trailer brake wiring harness I can reference as I tear into this? And has anybody here delt with the P0571 issue. I already googled that and read up on the other places but it didnt get me very far. :mad2:

Thanks in advance

Hey Chad! Was just wondering how you were doing... Pull the LF wheel and fender liner and grab a milk crate to sit on. You have work to do...:eek:
Don't forget about the big fuse in the box under the hood that controls all the trailer brake stuff.

Diesel Nut, If you could grab one that would probably still help out. I'll take everything I can get. Thanks!

MIKE! How are ya! Too bad your not around to help me with this headache! I have to make a trip back to MI to pick up a tractor and haul it back out to Denver. I figured I needed to try to get this right first! It will be about a 12000 lb load so trailer brakes might be of some use

Give a holler when you're rolling through my area if you have time. We can meet up.

Well I got all the trailer brake stuff working. But I the P0571 code wont go away. I did not replace that brake sensor yet, but I assume thats the issue since my cruise control isnt working either.

I still get a "Check trailer wiring" notification sometimes when I hit a bump. Everything is good, maybe the connection was a bit loose?

The switch on the brake pedal may be bad. Someone with more knowledge should chime in.

Back