• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Chaning the oil, 08 Honda Rincon

I have not ridden one yet. I talked to the man on the phone and wanted to ask some one who has one. He said the rincon uses a TC instead of belts.
Thanks for the reply

It doesnt have belts and you can shift down with the thumb shift :thumbsup:

i think, with any motorcycle, atv, etc, you should NEVER USE ANY SYNTHETIC OR NON MFG APPROVED OIL. The clutch runs on the same oil, if you use a different oil than what specified to be used, the clutch will have problems and will eventually fail.

My $.02, you arent using this thing to ride 50,000 Mi a year, so just put normal Honda oil in there...
No all of them use the same oil. My CRF450X, used to different oil reservoirs.

I would of atleast waited til the warranty was out, they can void it for not running Honda oil.
I am pretty sure, that is no correct.

Nick, does your Rincon have compression braking? I'm about to pull the trigger and get a new 4-wheeler. I was thinking of a Rincon but the Honda man said it uses a torque converter and has no engine braking. I need engine braking as the mountains where we hunt are very steep.
I then thought about the Rancher 420 AT 4X4. It's also less expensive.
Try out a Rubicon. The engine/transmission braking is UNREAL........esp. if in LOW 4X4. I only have to use brakes on EXTREME angles.:D

I have both Rubicon and Rincon. The Rincon is a lot more fun to ride, BUT the Rubicon, can not be beat of pulling, towing, work, and engine braking.

Last edited:
Back