• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Changing Ignition lock cylinder

matuva

Tropical 6.5er
Reaction score
New Caledonia. An island in south west pacific, cl
Anybody has done it on a 1994 and former Chevy Blazer? Or can share a link to a "How to"?

I have problem with my door key, driver side, and as the passenger side is stuck, I will change the all set tomorrow.

Doors won't be a problem, but I'm not sure about ignition cylinder...

especially about how to remove the cover around the steering column.

On the 1996 and on, this cover is in 2 parts, but on my Blazer, it's a single piece. I believe I must pull the steering wheel, but, is there any other special I must be aware of?

You pull the steering wheel with a steer wheel puller :) , then you need a tool called a lock plate tool to push that inner plate down so you can remove the snap ring, i dont remember if the turn signal switch is above or below the lock plate but that signal switch has to be removed and then there are 2 screws that hold the lock cylinder in. Then you just pull the ign cylinder out the side. You dont have to mess with the outer column cover.

Back