• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Changing headlight on 97 Chevy 3500 (Chrome, non-W/T)

Composite headlights come out by removing the two long black screws sticking up with the bolt heads. They stick out just above the lights. You have to raise the hood to see them. They are not the adjusters down in.

Composite headlights come out by removing the two long black screws sticking up with the bolt heads. They stick out just above the lights. You have to raise the hood to see them. They are not the adjusters down in.

thanks man, I thought they were adjusters :)

You should be able to remove the socket from the headlight, replace the bulb, and put the socket back in.......wothout removing the entire headlight housing.

One screw finally turned, but ended up cracking its plastic boss. Which ended up snapping off of the rest of the unit. It went back together fine, a few more cracks will go unnoticed :)

Damn rust belt.... can't even change a headlight bulb :)

Do the filaments burn out up there or do they rust out before they burn out? :rof:

You can get the entire headlight assembly including the mounting that went 'snap' on you for around $50.00. Course the risk of pulling the grille out... Much brighter light through new clear lenses I have found.

Im really lost. I always moved my battery a few inches back and did it. If you pull the grill, then you have to unbolt the 4 10mm bolts and take the headlight out right? I do sure like on the 2002 you just pull out them 2 pins and can change a headlight or parking lamp in 30 seconds :D

Back