• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

CB not working...

DEERE3594

I welcome everyone...not just Penguins!
Reaction score
Got a Cobra 29, its got power and a ground.. Would the coax being slammed in the door one to many times make it not get power/turn on? Did I blow it up maybe?

Well I uhhh... I had the dimmer nob turned all the way dim and had the PA/CB switch on PA so it looked as if it wasn't working :crazy:

mine isn't working either. it is the handheld cobra unit. it turns on and powers up fine. the issue is once it is on i hear nothing out of it. even if i turn the squelch all the way down to find the best spot it never gets static. just like dead air. then it will work then stop. pain in the arse.

QUOTE=stacks04;50210]mine isn't working either. it is the handheld cobra unit. it turns on and powers up fine. the issue is once it is on i hear nothing out of it. even if i turn the squelch all the way down to find the best spot it never gets static. just like dead air. then it will work then stop. pain in the arse.[/QUOTE]

Ive never seen one of these, how is the coax ran?

Your call Justin, :idea: should stacks adjust the volume knob...):h

Thats the first thing Id try :eek6::biggrin5:

QUOTE=stacks04;50210]mine isn't working either. it is the handheld cobra unit. it turns on and powers up fine. the issue is once it is on i hear nothing out of it. even if i turn the squelch all the way down to find the best spot it never gets static. just like dead air. then it will work then stop. pain in the arse.

Ive never seen one of these, how is the coax ran?

Thats the first thing Id try :eek6::biggrin5:[/QUOTE]

thw coax is run to a little box you mount under the dash. it has the power and ground, and the coax. you then plug the mic/cb into the round connector.

Stacks, check your coax for shorts/opens. If your coax is shorting out, you'll get the exact condition you describe. I had the cobra like you describe in a jeep...couldn't stand it personally. I couldn't hear a damn thing on it so I got a cobra 19 and haven't looked back.

Stacks, check your coax for shorts/opens. If your coax is shorting out, you'll get the exact condition you describe. I had the cobra like you describe in a jeep...couldn't stand it personally. I couldn't hear a damn thing on it so I got a cobra 19 and haven't looked back.

Those Cobras are pretty much bullet proof. The 29 LTD I have works great. A few mods at a CB shop in Nashville TN (Radio City CB's) and the thing is putting out about 35 watts and has both talk back and an echo board. Throw in the noise canceling mic and it's one kick butt radio for the money.

Back