• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

CB Mounting tips!

Here where I put mine. :thumbsup:

DSCN0012.jpg

I really like the new black face on the Cobra classics! Looks great Duramaxin41!

busdriver75 said:
what about the speaker?

Maybe he has a seperate one? I got a sepearate speaker but I don't know where I'd put it....maybe under the seat?

its definatley a damn nice mounting spot, nice and tight and clean, but i think it'd be hard to hear unless that was a front speaker unit.

i had a scanner mounted in my jeep so similar concept as a CB. i had mine on the transmission hub on the passenger side. the speaker was underneath but i could hear it just fine. it worked out very well there and was out of sight. it fit nicely and was in know ones way. i could easily see it to see frequencies and adjust things as well.

there was one little problem with having it mounted there and that was i would occasionally and i mean rarely hear a little wine from it but i think it is becasue my antena wire ran paralel to the tranny.

As crazy as this may sound... I read a few posts where guys pulled out the cup holders and mounted their speakers under there - they claim they can hear 'em loud and clear...

Yeah, I have the bench seat though...no console. So I gotta hide it. I don't even have the cb in there right now. I need to make better mounts so it looks/fits better and hard wire it. I was using the cig lighter plug.

picture.php

Back