• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Cavalier Help!

aggar

Don't tear it up!
Reaction score
Ok On my fiance's car, 95 Cavalier, is having some electrical gremlins. Yesterday I replaced the starter. In doing so I noticed the ground cable from the battery was very corroded. It goes from Battery post to battery tray(very rusty) then to a bolt on the engine. I got a new cable to put on that went directly from battery to motor. I also put one from Motor to frame to make sure everything is grounded.

last night she calls saying her door locks are locking and unlocking on their own, all dash warning lights are on, dash lights are very dim and head lights were dim also, but the farther she drove the dash warning lights went away and the dash lights brightened up along with the headlights. Did I not have it grounded good enough?

Thats what it would sound like.. Id check that ground again and any other grounds..

Check all the connections on the battery, the enginge block and if it has the boost post connector. I would also test the battery itself and test the alternator for correct output.

I've tried to get her into a truck and she says NO! We're looking at maybe an Equinox. See if she likes it. YEp she's blaming me saying it was fine until I messed with it! I was just helping the process along!! IT was just a matter of time before it pooped out. Now she's driving my 97 1500 v6.

Yeah, my wife wanted an equinox..., till she drove a tahoe, she loves it.

I didnt want to cram my family in a small SUV.

My wife is tiny, 4-10'' and 97 LBS, so she was intimidated by a " big" vehicle, but a power seat and pedals quickly solved it.

Plus its easy to work on. Now she wants a suburban!!:thumbsup:

My wife is tiny, 4-10'' and 97 LBS, so she was intimidated by a " big" vehicle, but a power seat and pedals quickly solved it.

Mine's 5'-0" on a good day and felt the same way but she's been in Tahoe's and Yukons from '97 on... Doesn't want anything smaller.

April likes the little sporty cars and I'm barely getting her talked into a small suv.

Back