• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Cat and muffler delete

What do you guys use to do the cat and muffler delete will a 3" flex pipe fit with some clamps?[/QUOTe

Get a Turbo back 4" is What I Recommend. The Kits are cheap.

Yea, 10-4 on that.....You can get a whole setup somewhere between 3-4 hundred, check out ebay lots of choices and you get the whole sha bang, complete 4" exhaust with down pipe and crossover.

If the wallet is hurting then just, do like you suggested and go straight 3".

I got 4" turbo back coming but i need to drive the truck and i got the cat and muffler cut off and i was just looking to put some 3" flex pipe in there till i get the 4" but i didnt know if it would work. With just the down pipe that turbo is loud and i mean loud sounds like a big rig i love it! i hope its the same with the 4"

a muffler shop bent me some pipe but they wouldnt put it in for me so i had to do it, what a pain in a ASS, But i got it all back together the turbo aint as loud but you can still hear it and im taking my first small trip with the truck tomorrow about a 4 hour drive we will see how she does....

The muffler shop here local (most will not do it) cut off my cat & welded in a piece of pipe for me for $40 bucs, on my Tahoe. Well worth that IMO, mine did not have a muffler it is now straight piped 3" back to the rear axle where it splits into 2.75" duals. It sounds awesome. I would love to have a 4" on it, but it runs & sounds to dam good like this to tear it off just yet...

Oh yea meant to add it's very nice at 70~80 mph cruising the expressway, no howl or growl what so ever...maybe it's different because it's a Tahoe along with them smaller tail pipes & the 3.42 final gear ratio don't hurt none either IMO.

Mine is a FlowPro system I bought from a member.....and it was for a C3500, only thing was a few hanger locations were different.

But I'm a 3500HD C&C.........Matt runs a Diamond Eye (I Believe) and he's a C3500 C&C, I'll let him speak for the details.

Truck ran great for the trip only had one scare, On the way up i hit a pot hole on the interstate and the check engine light came on and i lost all power for like 3sec then it went off and was fine after that so i dont know about that one, but the truck is running really good now i think it needed to run.

Mine is a FlowPro system I bought from a member.....and it was for a C3500, only thing was a few hanger locations were different.

But I'm a 3500HD C&C.........Matt runs a Diamond Eye (I Believe) and he's a C3500 C&C, I'll let him speak for the details.

Yep, Diamond Eye, K3500 C&C.

Kit fit like a champ, had to cut one piece to length. Installed really nice. I just ordered it based on wheelbase I believe. I have a rear tank right past the rear axle and it bends around it perfectly. I did have to notch a touch off the rear tank shield, but I may not have needed to.

As always never full tighten the clamps until you are positive its correct.

I also painted it with high temp BBQ paint flat black and its holding up 1.5 yrs later great.

Only think rusty is the clamps, so go SS or weldit for rust free.

I am looking for a 4" tail pipe that goes up over the rear axle and out the right rear...can't find one any ideas on where to find one? I can't even find an exhaust shop in my area that will bend and make one...

Diamond Eye from Treasure Valley Diesel also has 4" and straight through muffler that goes over the rear axle and exits behind the right rear wheel.

Don

I finally found a shop that can do the work!!!! He was able to get the tail pipe from his distributor for cheaper than I found on-line. Come Thursday will have my exhaust up-graded to 4".

Warpspeed's is a 4in pipe, through flow muffler, exits rear passenger side

Supposedly I had Warp Speed 4" on my '99. Well it was 4" from the muffler back. I must say that the bend to clear the axle was not done on a mandrel. Definitely flattened when compared to the 4" Diamond Eye, the latter being far superior.

I am looking for a 4" tail pipe that goes up over the rear axle and out the right rear...can't find one any ideas on where to find one? I can't even find an exhaust shop in my area that will bend and make one...

Hearthrob Exhaust, Litchfield MN sells individual components to their systems.phone 320-693-0222 They have a web site [sorry no link my computer crashed] You will have to order it through one of their dealers though. They list the dealers on their site. Diamondeye Exhaust may sell pieces also.Their dealer I buy from is TV diesel 877-208-0525

Back