• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Cant find PMD

trapp2012

Banned
Reaction score
Where is my pmd at. Cant find it. Looked inside bumper sure as hell wasn't there. And looked in engine cavity and didn't see it. Where is the
pmd located in stock position. :wtf: cant find

truck decripption in signature.

Stuck on the side of your IP. Black box, about the size of a deck of cards, plug with 6 wires coming out if it, says Stanadyne...

Looks likethis:
stanpump.jpg

PMD stands for Pump Mounted Driver. So the stock is in the Pump, you can stand in front of the truck, slightly on the driver side standing or use a stool slightly above the truck, look under the manifold.

Whatever you do, don't put it back on top of the manifold. It is just a decoration and keep the heat.

Mine has been on since the factory ... about 300K kilometers.

I keep hearing about 'it retains heat' but I just don't see it; I wish I could figure out where that myth first appeared. I bet it was Walt or Steaky or somebody who wants to mount a heatsink up there.

In any case,

a] my PMD is mounted (a la Heath) behind the bumper, so it matters not how hot my plenum gets.

b] engines without that cover look geeky to me (you're right about the decoration part)

JMHO.

For what it's worth, you should be able to see the PMD without removing that cover, which is what started this thread. It is located near the front of the engine, right behind the oil fill tube.

The cover is MORE of General Motors money WASTED!:D

ROFL.. didn't cost THEM anything ... everything gets added onto the price you pay. :D

No different than any of the plastic farings and covers inside any new vehicle. A good example is when you go looking for the batteries in a lot of vehicles; they're hidden behind decorative covers.

only reason i took my cover off was the damn chipmunks like to store the nuts under there!!!!....makes for some nice burnin' smells after a long drive... and yes the PMD is on the right side of the IP...

ROFL.. didn't cost THEM anything ... everything gets added onto the price you pay. :D

No different than any of the plastic farings and covers inside any new vehicle. A good example is when you go looking for the batteries in a lot of vehicles; they're hidden behind decorative covers.

Fortunately for ME ,I did NOT purchase my truck new so somebody else paid for it initially!:D

Fortunately for ME ,I did NOT purchase my truck new so somebody else paid for it initially!:D

I got to pay for mine!
I got my 93 new in 1992. I ordered it and when it came in we took it for a test drive. After that I poped the hood and the sales man came up and said "these trucks run so cool that I can put my hand right on the engine" then he put his hand on the plastic cover, as if I should have been impressed. I was thinking what a dumb a$$!!.

Back