• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Canadian blocks

matuva

Tropical 6.5er
Reaction score
New Caledonia. An island in south west pacific, cl
Howdy all,

searching for 6.5l blocks, I found that the seller 6.5l is offering "new redesigned" blocks cast and machined in Canada.
The iron/alloy used in the new block utilizes molybdenum, which is said to improve 20-25% the strength of alloy.

Any of you already used blocks from this seller ?

Any other good source of 6.5l bare blocks ?

Someone said that was misleading advertising as the blocks are cast in China and I believe also machined in China. This was brought out after much questioning. That being said some members have been happy with their Chinese castings. The ATT is a beautiful casting as you know.

There is no plant in canada casting 6.5 blocks.:nonod: They are chineese blocks that were shipped through canada.:rolleyes5: That makes them canadian.:icon_bs::icon_bs:

I used one, wasn't happy with it, it seemed very soft metal, I stripped out the engine mount and bellhousing bolts, and the exhaust manifold holes very very easily, :sad:

The seller "6.5l" , as far as I can figure, runs an ebay drop ship operation from his kitchen. His site touts a factory with long time employees. The factory does not exist.
His engines come from International Diesel on Long Island. I had one of their longblocks. Ran great for 75,000 miles, then punched a hole in the oil pan. Some have reported far worse luck.
Ted

The seller "6.5l" , as far as I can figure, runs an ebay drop ship operation from his kitchen. His site touts a factory with long time employees. The factory does not exist.
His engines come from International Diesel on Long Island. I had one of their longblocks. Ran great for 75,000 miles, then punched a hole in the oil pan. Some have reported far worse luck.
Ted

What caused the punched hole?

I sent a question to 6.5l on ebay asking where exactly in canada were these blocks cast and the name of the company. This is the reply: Dear chevymanbarry,

The Cylinder Head Company, Montreal area I think.
Thanks,
Jeff

- 6.5l

Did this answer your question? If not, let the seller know.

If that isn't a phoney answer I don't know what is.:icon_bs::icon_bs::icon_bs:
He carries on in the listing about these "not chineese" blocks but doesn't know exactly where he buys them from?:confused:

Pretty much like Diesel Direct,I never got a clean answer from him either.
As far as i'm concerned there's only 2 places these blocks are cast.
US and CHINA.
and mebby there's only 1 today ):h

Actually there is a factory in Quebec that may cast blocks. Cylinder Head Center remans heads and also casts new heads...
They were stocked in a warehouse that my brother was a manager at. IIRC he mentioned to me that they said that they were going to begin casting blocks for the 6.5. I cannot be sure that they do, but am not quite ready to say that they do not...

The machine shop I checked in Kenosha WI gets his 6.5 new blocks from Canada. I don't remember the name of the company that supplies them. Sorry.

He builds 6.5's for Kenosha Co Hwy. At $5K, I couldn't afford to have one built by him.

So, I went with Jammie @ DD

Back