• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Can i use this transfer case?

Darkrider

Lobo Solitario
Reaction score
Ok I have a lead on a donor rig for my '69 project. I can get ahold of the 4l80E from the same donor truck that provided the engine for my sierra for about $200.

The guy selling me the trans also has a 88-91 era Suburban 4x4 that has a TH700R4 in it and a pass side drop transfer case which may be an NP241C like what i have in my Sierra but the passenger side drop version which i would need to use with for the SFA conversion on the '69. Now my question is this. What would be required to mate this transfer case to the 4L80E? If it turns out that the burb in question has a mechanical speedo what changes will i need to make to the transfer case if any to make it work with the VSS in the 4l80E? I suspect im already possibly needing to change the imput shaft on the transfercase to make the two work together.

Back