• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Can I get some help from my Canadian friends?

restoguy

Reaction score
Long story short, I need some VW injectors from Canada.
Over in the Performance section we're talking about dual stage injectors and I'd like to get my hands on one...or maybe 8! Just to play around with. The Canadian VWs from 92-97(I believe) came with them. They were used in cars with engine code "AAZ". It will be a 1.9L non-TDI car, tubro but not DI. I'm trying to find an injector number because not all had them, it seems... The word on the VW forums is that the junk yards, especially in Quebec, are full of these cars. If there's someone up there like me who loves the U Pull It, maybe you can get me an injector or two to play with for a reasonable cost.

If you think you're the guy for the job, let me know. And give me an idea of what compensation you'll need.

Good idea, I will try that tomorrow. I'm like a little birdy, cheep cheep cheap! So I figured I didn't want to pay regular salvage yard rates, but at the U Pull... Maybe you don't have those up there? Self service salvage yards where parts are all bargain priced? Like any engine for $250, 4cyl Kia or 7.3L powerstroke, same price. Injectors are around $10ea here. But it wouldn't hurt to ask a regular yard so at least I know what I'm up against.

I worked at a wrecking yard outside Ottawa and I can pretty much assure you that they will not take to time to inventory injectors. You'd probably have to buy a complete head at least or what ever the injectors are sitting in.

Secondly, if the engines they came on are good engines, they won't sell them separately. If the engines are junk in those cars, they won't inventory them and because of that, they will tell you they don't have it.

Back