• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

CALIFORNIA TO NEW YORK MPG REPORT

I told him to run a stock tune for a tank of fuel because people were gonna ask...

I am trying to figure out how much one can gain over the stock tune vs a Predator or a PPE. That way it can be easier to cost justified. :)

Come July I am gonna put my truck on the Dyno again and this time I will run the stock tune. When I do this I will post my stock numbers.

Come July I am gonna put my truck on the Dyno again and this time I will run the stock tune. When I do this I will post my stock numbers.

Thanks! :thumbsup: That is one step in the right direction to help us decide. But with today's fuel prices, for many of us, the fuel fuel economy improvement is even more important than the extra power. :)

My truck has plenty of power for my needs, I don't really need any more power. But I definitely need better fuel economy, especially since this is now my daily driver. :yesnod:

Sorry guys I didn't run the stock tune, Unit453 is going to Florida soon. He can run a stock tune.

are both trucks identical??.....

apples to apples.... sorry guys just giving you both a hard time. ether way the mileage is great with our trucks....

I just went on a dune trip that is 720 mi round trip and averaged 10.5 mpg pulling around 12k pounds. I ran about 70-75 mph the whole time. I could get 11.5 if I slowed to 65. Lots of mountain passes and hills. Little to no flats. I had my PPE on Lvl1 and Egt's never got above 1350*. I would drop from 5th to 4th when temps got around
1200*. I set my PPE on 2 for the pull up Parley's canyon. Noticed it had a better bottom end power, top end was close to the same except egt's were hitting 1400+ prettty easy. I had to slow down and gear down to keep the temps in check, not that there was a lack of power. Mileage was the same on both tunes.

As long as your CAT is not plugged, it shouldn't make much difference on fuel economy. A few years back, we ran some tests at the proving ground and could not find much difference under normal driving conditions. The only time it made a noticeable difference was at WOT like you'd see racing or sledding and then it wasn't much. Not enough to risk the EPA fines during every day use. :driving:

Now the DPF DOES make a big difference when it plugs with soot and every time the ECM triggers a regens. :holyshirt:

Back