• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

CALIFORNIA TO NEW YORK MPG REPORT

RYDNHI4X4

Halt Halt Or I'll Release My Dog
Reaction score
Very pleased to report MPG numbers like these on those running a LBZ.

Attachments

• California To New York.pdf
    31.3 KB · Views: 96
looks like for your overall trip you average 14.47 mpg. that's great considering you were towing. how many HP does your tow tune have? what kind of EGT's were you running??

The Tow Tune from Predator adds 40HP to the stock motor, but I have never Dyno'd that tune.

Running the Tow Tune or 65HP Tune I was normally running around 700-1300 EGT's depending if I was on flat ground or going up a hill. On average 900.

Not bad pulling the boat... That bumper probably cost some mileage too at 3-400 lbs....

Did you keep track coming out?

I only stopped to eat, shit, refuel and stayed 2 nights in a hotel. Left Friday morning in Tulare, CA and got to Watertown, NY on Monday morning.

So no real difference in Fuel economy between the two tunes it looks like. Would be interesting to see how the stock economy compares to the too tunes also

I would say the Tow Tune is a little better cause when I got to tired my Mother would drive and she could keep the cruise at 65mph. So how in my head I just can't do 65, I have to do 70.

Do you have an aftermarket exhaust? Curious if those temps are with stock or a 4" - I don't have a probe with stock exhaust and run the Predrator 65 HP tune towing my boat - about the same weight and don't hotrod it.

He's got a 4" MBRP with no cat and a PPE air box modded intake...(S&B now but didnt have it then)

He'd call on the way out with cruise set between 70 and 75 giving me mileage reports. He was getting 19 -21, with the average right at 20.

I cant believe his truck can get 20-21 mpg with those 285 mud grips...

Running empty to get the 19-21 numbers I assume? How much does a 4" drop the exhaust temps? Maybe I shouldn't be towing with 65HP tune and stock exhaust?

Sorry man I couldn't tell you. I had that exhaust put on with-in the first 1000 miles of the trucks life.

Running empty to get the 19-21 numbers I assume? How much does a 4" drop the exhaust temps? Maybe I shouldn't be towing with 65HP tune and stock exhaust?

He's got a 4" MBRP with no cat and a PPE air box modded intake...(S&B now but didnt have it then)

He'd call on the way out with cruise set between 70 and 75 giving me mileage reports. He was getting 19 -21, with the average right at 20.

I cant believe his truck can get 20-21 mpg with those 285 mud grips...

I think that is the most amazing thing about those numbers. Great job getting those numbers too.

RYDNHI4X4, I know what you mean about just not being able to set that cruise at 65mph. When we are going up to or coming home from camp, I have that thing set at 70mph. I have tried several times to set the cruise at 65, but to me it just doesn't feel right for some reason.

70s a nice round number...I use cruise control only when i want to see if it works...(and to think they charge 600 bucks for that)...my right foot is my cruise control

That''s the same type mileage I get in my 2006 LBZ towing. What I've noticed in both my 2004 and 2006 is that as the speed goes above 65 mileage drops fast. Some rough numbers for mine are that it drops about 1 mpg for every 5 mph above 65 that you go.

Back