• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Cab Mounts?

dka99burb

Reaction score
I have read that the 1500HD's cab mounts are welded to the frame at a lower position than the 2500HD. Other's claim that the 2500HD has a 'factory lift'. Does anyone know what the deal is?
I would like to do a slight body lift to match a 2500HD height so if I can grab 2500HD parts cheap from a salvage yard that would be awesome. My tires still rub the fender liner occasionally and I would like a slightly higher stance. I would also like to back down on the torsion bars a bit.

I will probably do that. I was just trying to understand the difference and see if there are cheap salvage yard parts to do it with. With further thought, it was probably a bad idea.. Sometimes it worth the extra $$ to have everything and save time.:nonod:

Depending on how much lift you want I've seen hockey pucks used. I wouldn't stack em tho.

Sent from my Studio 5.0s using Tapatalk

Back