• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Bumper pull or gooseneck?

Jeep Hauler

Reaction score
Got a Chevy 2500 short bed diesel truck and I need to haul two Jeeps....

Should I get a gooseneck or can I run with a bumper pull style trailer?

What is the weight of the two jeeps?

It's going to sag with a bumper pull.

Gooseneck has my vote.

gooseneck is definatly the better choice.

If you can afford to get a gooseneck setup that is what i recommend hands down, but those trailors can be pretty pricey

A gooseneck will pull alot better. It all depends on how often you will be pulling the jeeps. If it is often you will definatly be better spending more money now to get a goose neck.

i run both big gooseneck and big bumper pull pental hitch, either way the truck will do fine with just 2 jeeps but a goosneck will be more stable.

I run an 18' bumper pull and a fairly heavy loader tractor part of the time and frequently about 10 k firewood on the trailer. It pulls and handles pretty nice but I think I'd be happier with a goose when loaded heavy. With 2 jeeps, you'd probably need at least 20 a footer so if you could afford it go with the GN like everybody else suggested. Your truck will do fine either way though.

Goose would be the best.
Bumper your limited to 600lb tongue weight. But you can upgrade the hitch to more than double that. Air bags would also be something to look into.

Back