• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Bumper Pull Car Trailer

Thanks. I've decided that a set of 4 5/16 grade 70 transport chains and binders is what I need. I am also getting a set of 2" tire lasso and ratchets.

I always tied to the frame when hauling my jeeps but I had great hard points. I've read the tire lassos can be necessary for hauling cars because of the flimsy uni bodies. Those special keys that fit in the uni body slots will rip and bend the sheet metal with any abuse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jatudume.jpg

esuvasu9.jpg

numa3e9a.jpg

yjemegy5.jpg

8e5apery.jpg

21' 10,000lb Kaufman

That's really nice. Congratulations!

Sent from my SCH-I535

Have not bought it yet but traveling 1.5 hrs to Kaufman tomorrow, cash in hand.

Those are pics taken today by the salesman there of the trailer I am interested in. I have all details on it and the price worked out and do expect to buy it tomorrow.

I have towed a friend's Kaufman and been happy with it. He has an 8k 19' trailer.

I would want more 'grippy' ramps and front beam I could tie a winch to but otherwise I like that better than mine when I first bought it.

Sent from my SCH-I535

I really like how the front jack is mounted. I might try to do that with mine.
The jack position could make mounting a tongue box a problem due to handle swing radius. A bit heavier jack would be an improvement too. Maybe not necessary...

Bought it. Yes a tongue box will be a challenge. It will be getting a box of some sort and a winch. I bought four 2" strap tire lassos off Amazon and ratchets. Gonna get 4 sets of chains/grab hooks and binders tomorrow.

Then see what kind of organization and tool box I need to fit them in. I'm sure I can work it out.
uge5evy3.jpg

$230 at agri supply. 5/16

I got 4 12' chains. Also ordered $80 worth of tie down straps

I installed my brakes battery box inside the tongue box. Keeps it safe and dry

Sent from my SCH-I535

Works well. Just need to get a toolbox and winch. I tied the two front tires down as pictured and then used two chains to keep it from going forward or backwards. Think I have all the stuff I need, just got to get a trailer toolbox to hold everything.

I got four 12' chains and four binders. I will probably get one chain cut into 6' pieces

You should have a pair of chains and binders crossed in the rear. Crossed front is a good idea too.

Sent from my SCH-I535

That's the only tie down point on the rear. Can't cross a chain over to the D ring on the other side, just won't work. Same for the front.

I'd tie a jeep or truck down with 4 chains and binders but just not possible with most cars

Back