• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Bully Dog Question

Duramaxin 41

I'm Confused
Reaction score
I am running a Triple Dog programmer on my truck and have always noticed that when running the programmer in performace or higher mode the transmission shifts harder. I put a transgo jr in and replaced the trans cooler with a MikeL cooler to help with the harder shifts.

Is the normal?

I am running a Triple Dog programmer on my truck and have always noticed that when running the programmer in performace or higher mode the transmission shifts harder. I put a transgo jr in and replaced the trans cooler with a MikeL cooler to help with the harder shifts.

Is the normal?

Yes. Are you giving the trans time to learn the new power? With my bullydog my trans never shifted perfect, but pretty good I think.

Yeah, I think I'm giving the transmission enough time to learn the new power. I have been told that since the programmer is throwing more power to a stock torque converter the torque converter can't keep up (the fluid spins out to quickly). Would stepping up to a Suncoast 1056 or a ATS 5-star converter help the stiff shifts out?

Yeah, I think I'm giving the transmission enough time to learn the new power. I have been told that since the programmer is throwing more power to a stock torque converter the torque converter can't keep up (the fluid spins out to quickly). Would stepping up to a Suncoast 1056 or a ATS 5-star converter help the stiff shifts out?

It would help. But your next problem will be the clutches slipping. In my opinion I would just do it all at once when the time comes.

But, mostly every programmer will defuel like this to save the trans.

whatever you decide dont get an ATS 5 star. Stick with a Suncoast or Precision.

The ATS's have been having issues. The biggest issue is that they are not true which makes everything out of balance

whatever you decide dont get an ATS 5 star. Stick with a Suncoast or Precision.

The ATS's have been having issues. The biggest issue is that they are not true which makes everything out of balance

Thanks for the advise, I have always heard good things about Suncoast products but not really heard anything about ATS.

Back